Health & Safety
Roofworx considers that one of their prime responsibilities is to ensure the health, safety and welfare at work of all employees. Our aim is to protect everyone from foreseeable personal injury, including sub-contractors customers, visitors, and the general public, insofar as they come into contact with the Company or its products.
Roofworx recognises the importance of health & safety and is committed to ensuring that all relevant statutory requirements are complied with. To this end the company regularly takes professional advice on Health & Safety matters.
Health & Safety performance will be subject to regular review. Progress towards achieving set objectives will be examined and fresh objectives put in place as required to drive on going improvement. Roofworx further recognises that the prime responsibility for safety rests with management and that their health & safety role is of equal importance to any other management function.
In particular the Roofworx accepts responsibility: –
• To provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
• To provide adequate resources, financial and physical to ensure compliance with the law and the companies obligations.
• To provide instruction and training to enable employees to perform their work safely and efficiently.
• To make available all safety devices and protective equipment and to supervise their use.
• To maintain a constant and continuing interest in health and safety matters applicable to the Company’s activities.
• The provision and maintenance, so far as is reasonably practicable, of a safe place of work and proper access and egress to that place of work.
• The provision and maintenance of a working environment that is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe, without risks to health and adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for welfare at work.
• To promote and encourage excellence in environmental management through process control, improvement and good manufacturing and pollution control practices.
Employees equally have a duty to co-operate in the operation of this policy:-
• By working safely and efficiently.
• By using protective equipment provided.
• By reporting incidents that have led – or may lead – to injury or damage.
• By adhering to Company procedures for securing their safety at work
• By assisting in the investigation of accidents with the object of introducing measures to prevent a recurrence.
This policy will be regularly reviewed to ensure its continued effectiveness, having in mind the fact that health and safety developments may expand the Company’s duty of care, and its statutory obligations.